UConn Young Scholars Senior Summit program has a Residence Hall Director, Senior Residential Program Counselors, Residential Program Counselors, Program Coordinators, and faculty Program Mentors.
Participants will be issued an access card that will allow entry to the building and serve as a meal card as well. Students will also be issued a key to their room.
The University of Connecticut maintains its own police department and emergency medical response (EMS) system, which is staffed 24 hours a day. The office is located on North Eagleville Road. The phone number for the UConn Police is (860) 486-4800. There are blue emergency phones with direct lines to the police department located around the campus.
What to bring:
Comfortable, casual clothing is appropriate for most sites and other activities. Please remember that you will be working with university professionals – we encourage you to dress in a manner that is respectful to your mentors and your peers. Please keep in mind the potential for variable weather and for varied temperatures within buildings (i.e., it might be hot outside but cold in an air-conditioned building). Please consider the following suggestions and site-specific expectations for clothing items:
- Sneakers/comfortable shoes (you will be doing a lot of walking!)
- Closed-toed shoes (required if you will be working in a lab)
- A dress outfit for the Banquet, College Fair, and Academic Showcase (please no shorts or T-shirts at these professional events)
- Toothbrush and paste
- Sun block
- Medications (Note: Program participants are solely responsible for bringing and taking any medication. Students seeking an accommodation to this policy must contact the YSSS Office (860) 486-4676.)
- Shower caddie
- Shower shoes (flip flops)
- Extra towel(s)
- Pillow and/or blanket
- Laundry detergent
- Clothes hangers
- Alarm clock
- Dry-Erase memo board for dorm room door
- Ethernet cord (if bringing a laptop)
*UCONN will provide a linen package that contains the following items: bedsheets, a light blanket, pillows, pillow cases, towels (2) and a washcloth.